Hey y’all! How is everyone’s week going so far? I get so many questions about how to tie a half bow, so today I will show you exactly how I do it! This tutorial is key for tying any shirt dress, trousers, paper bag shorts or even tops that have a tie. It is a popular and chic trend, so let’s get to it. I am demonstrating wearing this Ralph Lauren belted linen shirt dress (fit is TTS). It is so comfortable and flattering, making it perfect to wear this spring and summer. Just pair it with some chic wrap up sandals and a straw clutch. Ok, now onto the tutorial!
How to Tie a Half Bow
1. Grab both ends of the tie. Make sure the ends are even, unless you tie to the side. In that case, the end opposite to the tie side should be slightly longer.
2. Make the first loop like you would for any bow. Make sure the loop is pointing towards the opposite side of the side the bow will be on.
3. Wrap the other side around the loop. Begin to pull through from the back. It’s just like you are going to make a bow.
4. Continue to pull that side through until it comes all the way through. You should only have one loop and two ends hanging down.
5. Tighten and adjust as needed. Voila! You have a fabulous half bow.
Now you are ready to go out in style with a chic and unique half bow. If you have any questions on how to tie a half bow, comment below! For more of my favorite shirt dresses for summer, read HERE.
Make it a great day! xoxo – Tanya
shop the post
pin this image
Tags: Ralph Lauren, shirt dress, tutorial