Christian Louboutin (sold out; similar here) / White tee with ruffle sleeve (similar) / White denim (here for less | only $64) / Hermes belt / LV Monogram Artsy GM bag (grab one here) / Hoop earrings / Sunglasses / Lips: Charlotte Tilbury in Kim K.W. with Charlotte Tilbury Iconic Nude liner / Sticky Bottoms (on bottom of my shoes)
Remember the blog post where we discussed how to PROTECT your Christian Louboutin shoes? But what if you have some of the coveted red bottom sole shoes and red needs to be RESTORED? My assistant Victoria wrote today’s post and demonstrates how you can completely restore your shoes in 3 easy steps.
She did an amazing job restoring my Christian Louboutin red soles and I think you will agree that this is one of those posts you will want to save and earmark. Be sure to SHARE this blog post with anyone needing to restore their coveted Christian Louboutin shoes.
xoxo – Tanya
3 Simple Steps to Repairing the Signature Christian Louboutin Red Soles
Christian Louboutin’s are amongst some of the most high-end footwear, especially the shiny, red-lacquered soles that have become the brand’s signature. The shoes deigned by Christian Louboutin can be viewed as a piece of art, but unfortunately after a few wears naturally the shoes will begin to scuff and lose its beautiful red color. However, there is a simple and time effective solution to salvage these beauties….it takes 3 simple steps and a few products and tools!
Tools/Products Needed to Restore your Christian Louboutin Red Soles (click to purchase)
- Sandpaper/ nail filer
- Walk on Red Angelus Paint
- Small paint brush/makeup brush
- Angelus High Gloss Acrylic Finisher
3 Simple Steps to Restore your Christian Louboutin Red Soles
- You will want to lightly sand down and smooth the soles of the shoes to get rid of any bumps or rough patches with either sandpaper, or even a nail filer. This step could arguably be the most important because it will affect how the shoes look in the end.
- After lightly sanding down the red soles. I would suggest using some paper towels or newspaper and lay it out on a flat surface because you will be using paint and this will protect from any spills, or drips. Once you have prepared your designated painting area you will use a small pain brush to begin painting the shoe using the Walk On Red Angelus Paint. I highly recommend using a small brush in order to avoid getting paint on the actual shoe. Make even strokes amongst the shoe to cover any scuffing or loss of color. I did about three coats per shoe. From there I let the shoes dry for about 10-15 minutes. The shoes dry fairly quickly but gave it extra time to dry just in case.
- Lastly, once your Christian Louboutin shoes have dried from the Walk on Red paint I would suggest cleaning off your brush because you will be using it in this final step, which is my favorite step! From now you will have noticed a huge transformation but this last step is the cherry on top. With your clean brush use the Angelus high gloss acrylic paint primer to give the shoes that shiny and smooth look and feel. Just use a couple of even strokes on the shoe will do, you will not have to apply three coats. After one coat the results are amazing! Let the shoes dry for another 10 minutes and then voila! You will have beautiful Louboutins that look like they were just opened from the box!
Once you have restored your Christian Louboutin red soles, be sure to read this blog post to see how to protect them. Was this blog post helpful? Be sure to leave a comment below. And share this post with a friend!