By now you should know that I’m a kid at heart and LOVE Walt Disney World, In fact, I love all things Disney! So it should be no surprise to you that when given the opportunity to explore Disney World this October, The Curious Cowgirl and I were more than eager to see what’s new during the fall season. Pumpkins, villains and new rides, oh my!
If you have been with me for the last year or so, you know that Pete and I enjoyed a wonderful Disney Cruise to Alaska in June. It was truly spectacular and we can’t wait to cruise with them again. I also went to Walt Disney World twice in 2018 to cover Walt Disney World Resorts and then later to discover the Christmas Holidays. That’s just official business. I bet Pete and I have been over 7 times with our children over the last 25 years. WHY? Because it’s the happiest place on earth! Well and it’s a guaranteed special vacation that always offers something new. That is what is so great about Disney. They are constantly updating, retooling and reinventing themselves.
This was not a press trip, my dear friend and fellow blogger Mary Meier-Evans just decided we needed to go and check out what’s new. You can see her blog post about our recent trip here. She is such a wonderful writer and has a totally different perspective from me. Which makes us great travel buddies and blogger friends. We love this trip as a girls trip but you can certainly go with your children and/or grandchildren. There’s something for everyone!
Below I am going to list my Top 5 Reasons to travel to Walt Disney World in the fall. I am also linking you to everything I packed and wore for this trip. I don’t dress up for Disney and like to be casual and comfortable. Also, Shop Disney is a great site to shop online before your departure so that you have a few things before you get there. If you want wonderful shopping while there, head over to Disney Springs for shopping, dining and more.
What’s your favorite Disney memory? TODAY is a great day to leave a comment on the blog. Simply answer the question and you might get a surprise (hint, hint).
xoxo – Tanya
Top 5 Reasons to travel to Walt Disney World in the FALL
1. Less Crowded: This is a no-brainer. Fall months are the perfect months for the Disney parks. Since school is in session, it will be much less crowded. Be careful though, many children get a few days off for Fall Break and some even get a full week. Check the Disney calendar to check park hours too.
2. There is always something NEW: I mention that because one of the reasons I was excited to go is because Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is now open! This new land inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios is like nothing you have ever seen before. We were transformed! I rode the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run ride and truly felt like I was a part of the movie. It’s so well done! There is no fast-pass for this ride so just prepare to wait. It’s worth it! Be sure to check out the gift shop and make sure to purchase a water or Coke product. The branding and details are like nothing you have ever seen. NOTE: Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance ride is set to open on December 5! Additionally, EPCOT is going through a huge transition. We got a little sneak peek and I can tell you it will be spectacular!
3. Mild Weather: Orlando is always humid – there’s no getting around that. But in the fall months the heat has broken and it’s simply warm. I would say it was around 75 degrees daily. When it was overcast it was delightful! For the most part, its shorts and short sleeve tops. Maybe something a little warmer for the nighttime like a denim jacket.
4. Fall holiday decor & events: No one dresses up a place like Walt Disney World does. Pumpkins were everywhere and fall was in full swing at every park. Plus, the parades and firework shows even incorporate the fall and Halloween season. Everything is a bit spooktacular! We got to attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party which means the Magic Kingdom is open only to those who purchase this special ticket. The park stays open until midnight and offers treats that are special for just that event! For example, the villeins are out during the month of October to add to the spooky ambiance! Right now, you can start enjoying Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. I highly recommend the special events.
5. Walt Disney World Resorts: I still think this is the best way to completely immerse yourself and enjoy the full Disney experience! There are so many onsite properties to chose from (over 25) and the transportation systems are clean, easy to navigate and the best way to maximize your time. Plus staying at a WDW Resort has so many added benefits like Extra Magic Hours, FastPass+ Planning, complimentary Magic Bands, complimentary transportation, themed hotel rooms and Disney Dining Plans. Also, be sure to check out the Walt Disney World Special Events page. There are literally hundreds of special opportunities to make your trip spectacular!
shop the post
pin this image
Tags: Disney, Florida, Walt Disney World