Wondering what the heck Galentine’s Day is? It’s celebrated on February 13 and the non-official holiday is to shine the spotlight on “ladies celebrating ladies”. Basically, it’s a great way to celebrate your girlfriends! This Galentine’s Day, I’m celebrating with Mary Meier-Evans of The Curious Cowgirl. Check out my list of 5 Things To Do on Galentine’s Day.
I’m loving this holiday aren’t you? Women just get it! We understand each other and know exactly what we want. So when I asked Mary if she would be up to shooting with me for a Galentine’s Day blog post, she didn’t even hesitate. She let me style her with all of these wonderful selections from Talbots and she was such a trooper during our photography session. Believe me, some of these can be awkward, especially when you are invading public spaces and interrupting actual coffee and lunch meetings. #bloggerlife
Talbots consistently offers quality clothing at a wonderful price point. Their items are well made, sized true to fit and come in a multitude of colors. Because I have such a wide variety of readers and followers, I appreciate that Talbots offers both plus (14W-24W) and petite (0P-16P) sizing in addition to regular sizes. Did you know that they launch new collections monthly? Yep, there is always something fabulous to acquire with so much variety in their brand. Plus, with shoes and accessories, you can wear Talbots head to toe which is exactly what Mary and I are doing in this blog post.
I am linking both of our looks for you below but be sure to click on the Talbots site because there is so much more to see. I find that their site is super easy to navigate making online shopping a breeze!
Now, what are you going to do on February 13 to celebrate Galentine’s Day? Check out my suggestions.
5 Things To Do On Galentine’s Day 2019
1. Meet a friend for coffee. Just like Mary and I are doing in the pictures above. We met at Bird Bakery in Highland Park Village. It is my favorite coffee shop and a great place to get caught up. I love to grab a quick lunch there as well if the timing is right (or I get it to go). By the way, Mary and I have been friends over 15 years and met through the Junior League of Dallas. Check out her blog for amazing travel content! She has some pretty amazing travel guides too.
2. Go to a matinée movie! There is something so fun about seeing a movie on a weekday afternoon isn’t there? It’s almost like you are playing hooky from your life. My friend Ruth M. and I love to do this when a new film comes out. The theater is much less crowded and you can really enjoy the experience. My 3 favorite movie theaters in Dallas are Highland Park Village Theater, Inwood Theater, Angelika Theater. Isn’t It Romantic opens nationwide on February 13. It’s the perfect romcom film to see on Galentine’s Day (or any day)!
3. Have a long lunch with a girlfriend. Lisa C. is my gal for long lunches. We love to make reservations at the Zodiac Room at Neiman Marcus or the NM Cafe at NM Northpark and enjoy a glass of Champaign with our lunch. Listen, a popover and strawberry butter will always get me there! I love these lunches because we thoroughly get caught up and basically solve all the problems in the world.
4. Go shopping! When I need a good friend to give me fashion counsel, I call on fellow blogger Alicia Wood who writes The Lush List. We often will hit a retailer together and help each other in our dressing rooms. It’s good to get someone else’s perspective, especially when you do this day in and day out. A good friend will give you honest feedback! Alicia and I have been friends for over 20 years and the Junior League of Dallas brought us together too. Check out her blog for amazing home content and yummy recipes!
5. Meet a friend for Happy Hour. Heck, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere! Had a bad day? Need to celebrate a small victory? Just need a friend to listen? Happy Hour! I am a firm believer that talking it out with a good listening ear will resolve anything. Girlfriends are just better at this than men. Some of my favorite local spots for a happy hour are Honor Bar, Cafe R & D, bartaco (Did you know they have a secret taco? Ask for it!), Bistro 31, Hillstone and Mesero. These are all great lunch and dinner spots too.
Now, make some Galentine’s Day plans with your favorite gal pal and enjoy the day! And let me know what you did.
xoxo – Tanya
shop the post
photo: Audrie Dollins