10′ fresh balsam fir Christmas Tree with 1450 LED warm white lights c/o / Garland (old); this one and this one are my favorites / Ornaments – all collected over 25 years; click here for great selections (I purchase at least one Christopher Radko ornament each year to add to the tree) / Tree skirt and Stockings (old) similar choices from same retailer linked for you / Stocking hook (similar) / All gift wrap from The Container Store: Stripes, Fab Reindeer, Retro Stars, Red Prismatic Stars, red & white ribbon (similar), gold ribbon, silver ribbon, gift tags / My look: Navy cable cashmere sweater (on SALE!), denim, loafers from Hadleigh’s but these are really cute too
Happy Monday! You’re going to love today’s blog post. I have 5 timesavers for a beautiful Holiday Home. And I’m all about anything that will save me time during this busy month. Plus, I am announcing the first winner of the ‘Refer A Friend‘ giveaway.
We will keep today short and sweet. Pete and I went to the Crystal Charity Ball on Saturday night plus the grandkids were in town this weekend for a fun birthday celebration. Needless to say, we are pooped!
I have learned over the years some simple strategies to help keep my holiday decorating less stressful. Here are my tips that might help you too. Note: Our Christmas Tree is always in this spot in the formal living room. Our stockings with our names (that we use and open on Christmas day) are on our other mantle in the family room.
5 timesavers for a beautiful Holiday Home
- Invest in a quality, pre-lit Christmas tree that ships directly to your home. I just got this one from Wayfair and it is beautiful. It’s a 10′ because our formal living room has 14′ ceilings. This one came in two boxes directly to my door making it so easy to install. Wayfair offers FREE SHIPPING over $49! Be sure to check out this AMAZING $10,000 sweepstakes giveaway they have going on through December 15th!
- Pick one color of gift wrap to work off of to make all your presents coordinated under the tree. I always buy all my gift wrap at The Container Store because they have the best quality and tons of choices. This year my coordinating color is RED.
- Purchase quality garland that already has some elements woven in to it. That way you will have some “pre decorated” garland to start with. I love this one and this one from Wayfair and they are good base for your mantel, banister, over the door, dining room table… From there, add ribbon, ornaments and whatever else you like. I keep mine decorated and carefully store it in large bins.
- We collect our Christmas ornaments and purchase at least one new Christopher Radko ornament each year. They become sentimental as you reflect back on the many holidays spent with family. If you purchase 2-3 each year, you will quickly have a tree full of beautiful keepsakes. Also, I tie each ornament with leftover ribbon (not hooks). The ribbon becomes a part of the ornament making them easy to hang on the tree each year.
- Invest in quality stockings now and you will have them forever. Unless you needlepoint (I do not), purchase stockings that will look good together and make sure you buy several extras for upcoming additions to your family. I have a variety of these on the mantel in our family room and I ordered 5-6 extra for new family members as we grow (marriages, grandchildren…)
I think you can probably tell that I am a minimalist as far as holiday decor goes. I like a few quality items around the house and one, large Christmas Tree. I’ve never been one to have a tree in each room. It’s just not me. I hope my 5 timesavers are helpful. Also, be sure to look at Holiday Home for more decorating ideas.
The winner of Surprise Box #1 for the ‘Refer A Friend’ giveaway program is CINDY MOETTELI. Congratulations! Please contact me here with your shipping address so that I can send you the gift. Don’t forget to enter as many times as you wish. Each week I draw a new winner and next week it could be YOU! Today begins the entries for Surprise Box #2.
Wayfair $10,000 sweepstakes giveaway details: Share a photo of your holiday-decorated home using @wayfair and #AVeryWayfairHoliday on your Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. From Dec 1st – Dec 15th, one lucky winner will be selected each weekday to receive a Wayfair gift card. Prizes value up to $550. One lucky winner will receive a $10,000 room makeover. Each photo submitted throughout the contest duration is entered in the grand prize drawing. Good Luck!
xoxo – Tanya
shop the post
Photo: Audrie Dollins
Refer a Friend to TanyaFoster.com and be entered to WIN a Surprise Box with items worth over $500. Deadline for Surprise Box #2 is Friday, December 8 at 11:59 PM. Winner will be announced on the blog on Monday, December 11. Click here to enter. Good Luck!