When I got an e-mail from Charlotte Tilbury Beauty asking me if I would be the model for their Charlotte Tilbury Master Class at Nordstrom, I literally thought to myself “they must have the wrong person”. Surely they were trying to book a real super model, not plain ole’ lifestyle blogger Tanya Foster. Nope, sure enough, I hit the jackpot and they wanted me! Celebrity Make-Up Artist Barri King and Education Manager Beck West flew in from California to demonstrate the brand new Airbrush Flawless Foundation and Pillow Talk look. I learned so much that I have to share!
Charlotte Tilbury Master Class at Nordstrom
Before we start with today’s subject, I want to thank everyone who came out to the advance screening of Downton Abbey. The film is SO good. The one liners from Dame Maggie Smith are perfectly cheeky and you will not be disappointed. Visually spectacular as it was shot in 2.39:1 widescreen. You really get a feel for the amount of land that the castle of Downton Abbey sits on. The film opens in theaters on Friday, September 19. You will want to see this on the big screen. Highly recommend!
You know how much I love all things BEAUTY! I’ve been in love with this brand ever since it launched in 2013. A little background on Charlotte – she discovered mascara when she was 13 and personally experienced the power of makeup. She was born in London, but grew up in a wonderfully creative environment with parents in bohemian Ibiza, surrounded by artists, actors, writers and musicians. Her father is a painter and her mother is a luxury production manager, so she knew that she would do something creative too!
As a determined young makeup artist, she was hard working was persistent. She was constantly building my network of professional peers including photographers, models and stylists. The 1990s – the era of supermodels who epitomised glamorous beauty and really embraced hair and makeup artistry – were inspiring and formative for Charlotte Tilbury. She believes that every woman wants to feel beautiful, powerful and sexy and that makeup is a great way to achieve this. Ultimately, it boils down to “Makeup Gives You Instant Confidence”!
While I have shopped for Charlotte Tilbury products online and at Nordstrom Northpark, I have never really worked with a celebrity make-up artist who has demonstrated and explained the brand in the most fascinating way Barri and Beck did during the two-hour Master Class. Charlotte Tilbury has a very definite method and order to applying her products. This is the exact order that we went in because the products work with one another to layer and build a flawless look. In fact, all the pictures included today are taken with my iPhone at the event.
Not to name drop but Barri King is the celebrity make-up artist to Emma Roberts, Shanina Shaik, Suki Waterhouse and many more. She’s done countless magazine covers and red carpet events. I was thrilled to learn from her during this sold out Master Class!
What I learned at the Charlotte Tilbury Master Class
- Cleanse and prepare skin – Goddess Cleansing Duo
- Goddess Skin Clay Mask (this felt divine!)
- Charlotte’s Magic Cream (I already use this daily and love it!)
- Magic Eye Rescue (I use this daily too but was excited to learn how to massage it in a circular motion)
- NEW! Airbrush Flawless Foundation shade 5 Cool all over (a little goes a long way)
- Hollywood Flawless Filter Shade 2 on high points
- Magic Away concealer shade 4 under eyes and around nose
- Powder shade 1 through the t zone, around nose and chin only
Brows and Contouring
- Brow Lift in color RITA to fill in eyebrows (AMAZING!)
- Legendary Brow Gel in color LINDA to add dimension
- Filmstar bronze and glow in color Fair/Med (this is such an easy way to contour)
- Eyes to Mesmerize in color Rose Gold as a base (use lash to crease)
- Pillow Talk Luxury Palette (Follow like a clock! Steps are on the back numbered 1 – 4)
- The Classic Eye Pencil in color Audrey
- Full Fat Lashes mascara in color Glossy Black
- Lip Cheat lip liner in color Pillow Talk
- Matte Revolution Lipstick in color Pillow Talk
- Collagen Lip Bath in Refresh Rose
- Cheek to Chic blush in color Ecstasy
- Beauty Light Wand in color Peachgasm (pressed on top in a stippling motion)
Supermodel Body XL is what is always on my legs for all of my blog shoots (and events).
I feel like that through the layering process they achieved such a beautiful look. In fact immediately after this event I met Pete and some friends for dinner and they thought I looked like a super model! I really didn’t want to wash my face. Luckily, I have all the product and plan to implement all of these steps. Now let’s see if I can do it like the experts…
Do you use Charlotte Tilbury products? Share in a comment below!
xoxo – Tanya
shop the post
pin this image
Thank you to Charlotte Tilbury for partnering on this post. All selections and opinions are my own.