Over the years, I’ve learned a few tricks from professional make-up artists while being on set. I always notice which brands they are using and what techniques really work. Today I am going to share with you my everyday make-up routine listing out all the products, brands and specific colors I use. Not only am I doing this with pictures and descriptions, I also shot a quick video sharing the process.
Hello! I hope you had a marvelous weekend and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine on Sunday. Wasn’t it glorious? I loved it! THANK YOU for all the kind messages, texts and e-mails about Mother’s Day. I was fine because I was prepared. We celebrated with our kids on Saturday and then I spent Sunday having breakfast with Pete and checking myself in to the Spa at the Crescent Hotel. Self care was just what the doctor ordered! Let’s talk about my every day make-up routine, shall we?
I’m really trying to incorporate more video into my content so be sure to check out my YouTube channel where I upload all of these videos. This used to be primarily my actor site for audition tapes and work but since blogging is really my full time job, I am starting to create content and put it here. You can also see some video work I have done for brands in the past as well as a few TV appearances. You can actually SUBSCRIBE to my channel (yet one more thing to do…)!
Even though I have done bog posts about my make-up routine in the past (here and here), I do update my my look with new products and techniques. In general, my daily look is a neutral make-up routine. I am listing out every product I mention in the video as well as a few hints on application. By the way, this all got started due to this impromptu IGTV video I shot randomly one morning. I got so much positive feedback and requests for more video that it lead to me creating the video at the bottom of this post.
Please earmark this blog post/video and share it with anyone who loves make-up, beauty products and learning new tips. And if you have any tips to share, please leave them in the comments. I love leaning from YOU! Also, please let me know if this blog post and video are helpful.
Enjoy! xoxo- Tanya
P.S. All of my drawer organizers are from The Container Store. You will need to measure your drawers to see which products will work for you.
my daily make up routine
- Prep skin: Wash with Colleen Rothschild Gel Cleanser and then follow with ZO Skin Calming Toner. Apply Revision Nectifirm to neck (morning and night) and Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Serum to face, which I use for anti-aging benefits. And always remember to apply SPF! I personally love Supergoop City Sunscreen.
- While that is all soaking in, I put in my contacts and enjoy a cup of coffee with Pete!
- Prime: Use Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream to moisturize face, Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer to prime eyelashes, and Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer or Mary Kay Eye Primer to prime eyelids. These will all help your make-up stay on all day long and provides a nice base layer.
- Face: Apply Erborian BB Crème and/or CC Crème in “Clair” (lightest shade), CC Red Correct (if needed) , and/or the brand’s Glow Crème to face. Use Erborian Touch Pen also in “Clair” under the eyes and to touch up any blemishes or spots. Highlight the cheekbones with Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter in #2 “Light” after applying blush. Right now I am loving my Mary Kay blush pallet I recently got on a brand trip.
- Lips: Use a combination of 4 products for the perfect nude lip – 1) Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner Pencil in “Pillowtalk,” 2) Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Lips Liquid Lipstick in “Rising Star,” 3) Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick in “Kim K.W.”, and then 4) Chanel Rouge Coco Glossimer in color #744 “Subtil”. These products can also be used on their own, but I love to combine and layer several for my perfect nude lip.
- Eyes: Using Urban Decay Moondust Brush, dust eyeshadow on the eyelids from NARS Voyageur Eyeshadow Palette in the color “Suede” or Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Eyeshadow Palette in “Rock Chick.” My go-to is oftentimes my trusty Urban Decay Naked Palette though because it’s so easy to use. Then line the eyes with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil in “Demolition.” To make the eyes even bigger, line the water line and inner corners of the eyes with a white eyeliner like Lancome Liqui-pencil in “French Lace.” This is one of my favorite make-up tricks straight from film set! Coat the lashes with Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. PRO TIP: For thicker lashes, use two coats of mascara.
- Eyebrows: Emphasize the eyebrows with Mary Kay Brow Gel. I think Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows is great too. Don’t get too dark.
- Set: Finish by setting makeup with Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray for a look that stays all day long and will last you through dinner!
- NOTE: I am no longer using pressed powder or setting powder, as I think it really can age a woman. A dewy look (not oily) will always look younger.
Check out the video for other helpful make-up tips
photo and video: Audrie Dollins
shop the post
PIN THIS IMAGE
Tags: Charlotte Tilbury, glowing skin, makeup, Mary Kay, sephora, Ulta, Urban Decay