Will animal print every go out? I think not! Nothing like a little cheetah print to liven up your look. I’m a huge fan! There’s some other style secrets that I have and when I talk with other well put together women, some things seem very clear. Let’s talk about Style Secrets Every Classy Woman Knows!
I don’t know why, but my blog writing style has evolved into lists. Probably because that’s how I live my life. I’m a list maker and love nothing more than crossing items off my list. I joked the other day with Mary Meier-Evans of The Curious Cowgirl how I make a daily list of everything I need to do. It’s chronological and my errands are listed geographically.Talk about OCD! Does anyone else do this?
This outfit fits the check list that I share below. I love a small print or pattern (like this beautiful cheetah print blouse), a great fitting jean, an investment handbag (this one for less) and super chic heels. It’s probably what you will see me in most of the time if you run into me in Dallas. Classic and pulled together. Simple!
I’ve blogged for 4 1/2 years and have many blog posts about this subject matter. Linking a few as I talk about style secrets below.
Style Secrets Every Classy Woman Knows
- Invest in Quality Pieces
- Fast fashion is beneficial for trying out trends, those items are only worthy of a few wears. For the most part, I believe in the power in quality pieces. Better quality garments may be more expensive but the value you will get out of them is HUGE! Read: 5 Bags Worth The Price
- Basics, Basics, Basics
- I believe in having a collection of great fitting basics because they look good on absolutely everyone, and more importantly, they will never go out of style especially in neutrals like black, white, and tan. These are items like a button down white shirt, a fantastic blazer or a plain tee. Believe me, my closet is full of them! Read: White and Neutral
- Know What Looks Flattering on You
- You probably notice that I wear a lot of solid colors and easy silhouettes. Dress for your body! Know your number one asset and play to it. It’s easy to get lost in all the fashion trends if you don’t know your body well. Read: Past Looks That Are Still Available
- Wear the right undergarments
- All classy women know that the foundation of what you wear can make or break the exterior. This blog posts details what I’m talking about. Also, I have too many pairs of Spanx to count. Read: Let’s Get Real: Bras, panties and Sleepwear
- Less is More
- Mixing too much prints and patterns can be overwhelming to the eye. I know it’s a trend but it’s not necessarily for everyone. A good example is Kim Kardashian. Whether you like her or not, the girl knows her style and body. You never see her in overwhelming prints. She keeps is slick and simple – and it works! This rule also applies to your bag, shoes, and jewelry. Read: Less is More!
- Over Dress for the Occasion
- Classy women are never underdressed. Have you noticed that? It is important to waver on the dressier side for any occasion but do so appropriately. Always be the Best Dressed in the room! It’s like that old-age saying, “dress for the job you want”…except dress as the person you want to be. Read: How To Dress Up Your Denim Look
- Act the Part
- Lastly, the essence of classy really starts with the inner self. Yes anyone can look the part by dressing nicely and being well-kept, but if they don’t have a good attitude, who cares? So, the last style secret I have to share is to carry yourself with grace, always be kind to others and act as if you already are classy. Because guess what? YOU ARE! Read: The Most Flattering Style Trick
What are your style secrets? Leave me a comment. xoxo – Tanya
shop the post
photo: Audrie Dollins
PIN this Image
Tags: Ask Tanya, Hermes Birkin