Products used for neutral make up look:
Products I am trying and loving right now:
We’re long overdue for a beauty, make-up and skincare update post. This is one of the most asked questions I get on my blog and social media. My daily make-up routine and which skincare products I’m using. Today we will focus on how to get a neutral make-up look, we will try contouring and I am showing you products that I’m currently trying and adding to my skincare routine.
First things first, these pictures are tinting a bit on the peach side. I can tell because this lipstick is more neutral on me. So keep that in mind as I walk you through all these steps and products. Second, I have been selecting and randomly mailing out surprise boxes to reward you all! 🙂 Congratulations to Jenny Lynn Hatter – winner of the box of Olly products; Kathy Olson and Cheryl Pallet both will receive a surprise box of full size products to try. Do you know what they did? They left comments on the blog. That’s it! It pays to READ and COMMENT daily!
OK, I have been really enjoying a ‘neutral make-up’ look lately. But we all know that neutral does not mean ‘no make-up’. In fact, it takes me 3-4 products to achieve a really good ‘nude’ lip. For this neutral look, I learned to contour. Now let me say, I am no expert. I watch other bloggers and seek advice from the cosmetics professionals. Brand and PR firms send me products all.the.time so I have plenty to play with. Two bloggers that I absolutely love to follow and trust with make-up advice are Emily Gemma from The Sweetest Thing and Courtney Kerr from KERRently. Both are amazing bloggers who are killing it in the blogosphere. Yes, they are younger than me so I simply adjust what they are doing a bit to fit my demographic and lifestyle.
To achieve my neutral make-up look with contour:
1. Prep clean face with your moisturizer and daily SPF. Use your favorite foundation all over to have a neutral palet. I use Amore Pacific foundation after I have prepped my face with Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream.
2. Use Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate contour and highlighter set. Contour your hollows of your cheeks, top of your head (hairline) and sides of nose. This is the ‘shade’ those areas.
3. Now blend all of that contour with a BeautyBlender. These are LIFESAVERS and I use them for everything. They help blend foundation and anything else you use. They wash and wear very well. Buy several at a time.
4. Create a neutral eye with the beautiful Urban Decay NAKED pallet. Y’all I’m OBSESSED with these colors and have been using them daily since it arrived.
5. If you purchase nothing else, purchase this: The YSL Touche Eclat concealer. Taylor calls this the magic eye marker when I do her make up. It literally brightens your entire under eye area and takes years off of you. You look fresh! The color I have is #2. I keep one in my make-up drawer and one in my make-up bag inside my purse. #gamechanger
6. To get the perfect nude lip, I use several products: Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner in ‘Pillow Talk‘, Charlotte Tilbury Liquid Lipstick in ‘Rising Star’ (its like a base coat); today I am using Urban Decay Vice lipstick in ‘Barfly’ and I always top it off with Chanel Glossimer in ‘Sibylla’. I’m also a huge fan of Tom Ford in Spanish Pink and Charlotte Tilbury in Kim K.W. lipsticks for a nude lip.
7. If you would like a little dewy finish, I suggest finishing this look off with Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow. And I am a huge fan of Benefit Cosmetics What’s Up highlighter on my cheeks. My daily mascara is Charlotte Tilbury.
That’s it. It’s a clean and simple look but I really feel fresh-faced. This blog post is an update to the following post that you should also read:
The last picture in today’s post are products I am currently trying and really liking. They are being rotated in to my daily routine. I found the Caudalie Instant Detox Mask and the Caudalie Nourishing Body Lotion in Paris when I was there in December. All the French women were buying this at the pharmacy. I’m so glad I got their advice and bought them. The brand is really amazing and both products are so rich. You will instantly feel your skin tighten when you use the mask. I’m also using three SkinCeuticals products: C E Ferulic Serum (every morning), Triple Lipid Restore (at night) and Advanced Pigment Corrector (anytime). As with any skincare for your face, use generously on your neck and chest as well. I’m also loving the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Rescue. I use it daily with the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream.
WHEW! There you go. What do you think about my neutral make-up tutorial? xoxo- Tanya
shop the post
photo: Audrie DollinsTags: Neiman Marcus, Urban Decay