The temperature is starting to rise in Texas, which means summer is coming! Today I’ve partnered up with my good friend, Alicia Wood, and we are showing you how we styled outdoor outfits to be perfect for the weather and still be chic.
We shot these looks immediately before the rewardStyle pool party and these were the perfect outfits for the occasion! It was so fun catching up with friends and getting to dress up in fun colors for the season. For myself, I chose this stunning Eliza J floral maxi dress which made me feel super elegant and fun. The print on the yellow dress is so gorgeous and the ruffle down the front just screams party! I loved how flattering this dress can be for any body type, and the tie on the back helps to adjust for the straps. I paired this statement dress with sling back nude heels, reflected aviator sunglasses, and the Gaia Ark bag. It’s perfect for any summer party or even a wedding. By the way, I’m so glad I started working out with my personal trainer Kat from Eat N Run Fitness. She’s helping me get in shape for the upcoming wedding and I can already see a difference in my arms. Full blog post about coming later.
Alicia is like my little sister. We both enjoy the relationship because I am an only child and she does not have a sister. Often times she will call me to pick my brain and she will say “I need my big sister today”. While most people think we met as bloggers, we’ve known each other over 20 years.
Here are some fun things you might not know about us:
- We met through the Junior League of Dallas while volunteering on the same committee (Auction & Casino Party).
- We both chaired the Junior League of Dallas Ball (Me in 2002; Alicia in 2005)
- Both of us were members of Cattle Baron’s Ball for many years. Those were some fun times involving cowboy boots!
- We’re both currently active members of Crystal Charity Ball and volunteer to help raise funds for Dallas County Children’s Charities.
- She is the mother of three beautiful girls with her husband Scott. Alicia is loyal, caring and has impeccable taste. I hope you have subscribed to The Lush List because the girl has the best recipes and home decor in all the land! If there is a table to be set, you want her to set it. The ultimate hostess!
Ready for a summer soiree’? Happy Weekend! xoxo- Tanya
P.S. Did you read yesterday’s blog post about creating a dramatic eye? Can you create one?
shop the post
photo: Audrie Dollins