It’s sssttttiiiillllllll January. ARG! Did you set any fitness goals for this year? I don’t personally do resolutions, but always have health and fitness goals. One tip to stay motivated? Cute activewear! Let’s take a look at my favorite workout looks, plus some tips to stay healthy. NOW is the perfect time to get your body moving and to get your health in order!
I love activewear because of the versatility. You can workout in it, run to the grocery store, or lounge around the house in it. These zip pocket leggings (size small) are super flattering, functional and comfortable. I especially love the fun orange color! If orange isn’t your thing, have no fear. These amazing leggings come in three other color choices. Now you just need the perfect top to go with it. I found that this racerback bra top (size small) is amazing because it doubles as a top and a sports bra. It has a hidden shelf bra for added support. I also love how the length hits right at your natural waist, making it more flattering. Plus, the print is too cute! Pair this entire look with this mix media puffer jacket (size medium) for before and after your workout or if you are working out outside. Lastly, let’s talk shoes. Something that will help your fitness goals is to own a great pair of tennis shoes. I highly recommend On Cloud Running Shoes. You just slip into them – no tying laces. Now that we have our outfit, let’s talk tips.
Tips for Staying Healthy
- Drink water! I know I need to adhere to this tip as well. What makes it easier is to have a great water bottle. The Stanley Cup is amazing because it holds 40 oz of water! Drink two of those a day and you’re set. It is an insulated tumbler, so your water stays chilled all day long. It also fits in any cupholder and has a convenient handle.
- Find a workout plan that works for you. I personally get the most from my workouts by working with my personal trainer, Kat Spangler. Kat always gives me custom workouts that enable me to reach my fitness goals. I workout with Kat twice a week and stay moving on other days with walks. Movement is the key to staying healthy!
- Focus on your gut health. You know what they say: you are what you eat! What you put in your body matters. It’s all about eating healthy, whole foods. I have been on various diets throughout the years, but I have found that just focusing on eating whole, unprocessed foods majority of the time is the only way you will look and feel better. I also take a prebiotic and probiotic from Formula Wellness every morning to aid in digestion.
- Make sure your hormones are in balance. The game changer for me was when I started going to Formula Wellness once a week. I have been doing their Metabolic Body Program for over two years and have never felt better in my life. Who knew my hormones were so out of whack? Read more about it HERE. I look forward to my Monday morning check-ins and seeing the staff. It keeps me accountable!
- Get enough sleep. Sleeping for at least 8 hours a night is one of the most important things that you can do to improve your health. Your body needs adequate rest to recover. If I need help sleeping, I combine this Dead Sea bath soak with a CBD bath bomb and I am out like a light! Taking a day off of work each week is also key to getting enough rest and the easiest way to protect your mental health.
Photo: Sarah Blaze Photography
shop the post
pin this image
Tags: athleisure, health, LOFT, Lou & Grey, workout